Phone (972) 317-4070
Location Dallas / Fort Worth Metroplex (Southlake, Texas)
Fax (866) 876-5883
Connect Download V-Card
A keen eye for details and a passion for helping clients give Ryan D. Adair an edge in the practice of debt collection, construction, commercial and consumer law, making him a well-known and respected attorney in high demand. Since 1999, Ryan has consulted with hundreds of clients in construction, healthcare, and other industries, within both privately held and publicly traded companies. He has litigated everything from small cases to cases valued in the millions.
Ryan has advised clients ranging from sole proprietorships to large companies with over 1,000 employees. He has successfully represented numerous clients in debt disputes and collections against various general contractors, insurance companies, and other entities. He has counseled and advised on medical malpractice matters and represented healthcare providers. Additionally, Ryan has developed, drafted, and reviewed scores of industry-specific and company-specific contracts. He has also helped numerous construction entities to recover for unpaid work through negotiation with adverse parties, filing mechanic’s liens, and using other legally available remedies for his clients.
A collaborative and creative thinker, Ryan is a strong proponent of providing client-first counsel that prioritizes the practical needs of his clients. Different from the traditional counsel, Ryan’s approach involves a candid assessment of the client’s position, discussion of outcome probabilities from the available alternatives, and a robust dialogue about which path best fits the client’s needs. Years of experience have given Ryan valuable wisdom to share with his clients, including the importance of considering the total costs of litigation, which can extend beyond the purely financial. Diving into contentious litigation is not to be done lightheartedly, especially because Ryan is often able to identify reasonable and economical alternatives that the client may find more favorable.
As a law student, Ryan began to develop insights into the workings of the courts. He spent time clerking on the Texas Court of Appeals for Judge Michol O’Connor, where he received judicial feedback on his work and learned certain aspects of the judicial review process first hand.
In addition to his professional pursuits, Ryan and his wife are loyal football fans and active members of the local community. The Adairs hold season tickets for the Aggies and Dallas Cowboys. They enjoy regular visits to the great outdoors in Cedar Creek Lake and Napa Valley, often sharing their adventures with the their pug and corgi. Ryan has participated in various local clubs and organizations, and his wife actively practices medicine in Flower Mound, right here in the Dallas metroplex.
Ryan’s practice areas include:
• Debt Collection and negotiation for commercial and consumer debts
• Enforcement of payment obligations
• Mechanic’s liens
• General Commercial Litigation
• Construction Litigation
• Real Estate Disputes
• Contract Negotiation, Drafting, and Review
• Health Care Litigation and Consulting
• Transactional work for doctors, regulatory matters
• Collection, business divorce, side business
• Insurance Matters
• Consumer Disputes and Debts – rare
• Bachelor of Business Administration – Texas A&M 1996
• Doctor of Jurisprudence – South Texas College of Law 1999
PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES & MEMBERSHIPS:
• Texas State Bar
• United States District Court – Eastern District of Texas
• United States District Court – Northern District of Texas
• Denton County Bar Association
• Phi Delta Phi International Legal Fraternity
• Texas A&M Twelfth Man Club
• Highland Village Rotary Club, board member and chair
• Cross Timbers Family YMCA, former board member
• “Causation Testimony by Nurses in Medical Malpractice Cases”, a Continuing Legal Education Publication, November 2000.